Paris: Pompidou Centre Private Guided Tour
- Learn more about abstract and expressionist art at the Pompidou Centre
- Skip the long lines to see art by Picasso, Dix, Ernst, and more
- See the world's largest collection of contemporary art
- Marvel at Chirico's metaphysical Il Ritornato
- Go to Andy Warhol's Big Electric Chair
- Discover how to appreciate paintings such as Malevitch's Black Square
- Look at the Portrait of a Journalist Sylvia von Harden by Otto Dix
Then, skip the long lines, and follow your guide through the chronological and thematically arranged complex. Marvel at art from the early 20th century to the present day, learning about abstract art and how to place it in its proper context to appreciate it more.
Principal art pieces included on the tour are “Il Ritorno di Ulisse” (“Ulysses’ Return”) by Chirico, “La Ville No. 2” by the Orphism artist Robert Delaunay, and “Rose Sélavy” by Duchamp. Admire Otto Dix’s challenging “Portrait of a Journalist Sylvia von Harden,” and Max Ernst’s collage “Ubu Imperateur.” Your guide will explain the meanings of Picasso’s “Femme nue Couchée,” and the abstract expressionist art of Jackson Pollock.
Marvel at Klein’s “Grande Anthropagie Bleue,” and Tingerly’s “Requiem for a Dead Leaf.” Other highlights covered are Warhol’s “Big Electric Chair,” and the “Black Square” by Kazimir Malevitch.
- Skip-the-line ticket to the Pompidou Center
- Food and beverages