Palace of Versailles: Entry Ticket with Audio Guide
- Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy, such as the legendary "Sun King" thanks to your audio guide (available in 11 languages)
- Walk through the dazzling Hall of Mirrors
- Discover formal and informal gardens in the palatial grounds (only on certain days during high season)
Located just 30 minutes from central Paris by train, Versailles was a sleepy village until Louis XIII began to build a hunting lodge in 1623. By the end of the century, continued expansion saw the town and castle become the symbolic center of the absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.
Louis XIV moved the royal family to the palace in 1682, and 2 enormous new wings were added during a 2nd phase of building (1678–1715). Your ticket allows you access to the ornate State Apartments built by Le Vau. Get a sense of life in the French court, and walk through the glittering Hall of Mirrors.
Learn about the main figures of the French monarchy, up to the French Revolution when the royal family was forced to return to Paris in October 1789. Take a walk through the legendary gardens at your own pace, and marvel at fountains, sculptures, and beautifully manicured lawns.
Please take in consideration that the waiting time to enter the Palace of Versailles can be more than 2 hours in high season, even with a pre-booked ticket. Arrive early in the morning or in the middle of the afternoon to avoid the long lines.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Versailles
- Access to the Palace of Versailles gardens (only when there is no Fountain show, please check the "additional Information" field)
- Audio guide (available in Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian)
- Entrance to the Palace of Versailles gardens on Grandes Eaux Spectacles days
- Entrance to the Trianon
- Entrance to Marie Antoinette's Estate
Prepare for the activity
Present your voucher directly at the Palace entrance. Arrive early - 08:45 - to avoid the long lines at the security check in high season. Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles. Due to works on the train line RER C from July 15th to August 25th, you can only take the train from the Station Javel (Metro 10).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You may experience some waiting time at the security check. You can only skip-the-line for the cash desk with this entrance ticket
• In high season, the Palace of Versailles can be very crowded in the morning; go to the gardens first, and then go to the Palace in the middle of the afternoon
• To access the gardens during those days, you will have to pay an additional fee of €9. You can book "Versailles Palace and Garden Full Access Day with Fountain Show"