Opera Garnier Tour with Expert Guides in Paris
- Uncover an architectural masterpiece in the heart of Paris
- Get a 90-minute guided tour of the public areas of Opera Garnier
- Set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze Pythonisse sculpture
- Climb up the double stairway of the Grand Escalier
- Marvel at the splendid paintings and sculptures
Inaugurated in 1875 and named after its exciting young architect, Charles Garnier, it is the largest opera house in Europe. Once you have met your guide at the museum entrance, you will be taken to the “Rotonde des Abonnes” (Members’ Rotunda), once used as the formal welcome area for opera guests. Garnier’s unique signature will be pointed out among the magnificent arabesques, before you move on to explore the building's galaxy of riches.
You will set eyes on the writhing snakes of the bronze “Pythonisse” sculpture, before climbing the double stairway of the “Grand Escalier” (Main Staircase). Imagine the swish of crinolines as you admire the breathtaking décor and stroll through vast foyers, filled with sparkling mosaics, colorful marble columns and gold-leaf flourishes. Everywhere you look will be a feast for the eyes.
Throughout the tour, expert and enthusiastic guides from the Opera de Paris point out the splendid paintings and sculptures that help to make the Opera Garnier one of the most rewarding museums in Paris, as well as one of its most impressive working theaters.
- Guided tour of the Opera Garnier's public areas (including the Rotunda, Grand Escalier, Grand Foyer, Auditorium and lounges)
- Entry ticket
- Use of broadcast system on the Day Tour (please bring valid ID in order to be able to use the system)
When you get there
Please present your voucher at the Guided Tours counter inside the Opera Garnier, at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time. The meeting point is on the left side of the Opera, in front of 1 rue Auber: Guided tours entrance. Opera Garnier 75009 Paris Nearest Metro: Opéra [3, 7, 8]; Chaussée d’Antin [7, 9]; Havre-Caumartin [3, 9]; Auber [RER A] Bus: lines 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 52, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95 Parking: Place VendomeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour is not available to children below 5 years of age.
• For artistic or technical reasons, the tour itinerary can be modified on the day of the tour itself, if so instructed by the Opera Garnier, without this giving rise to a refund.
• Please bring an ID card or passport as guarantee in order to use the broadcast system on the Day tour. One ID card or passport per voucher required.