Louvre Museum Highlights for Families: 90-Minute Tour
- Visit the Louvre on a tour tailored for travelers with children
- Save precious vacation time with skip-the-line access
- Marvel at masterpieces through the eyes of your children
- Enjoy a local guide bringing art to life for kids and adults alike
Designed with families in mind, this 90-minute tour of the world’s largest museum is sure to be an entertaining experience. Your local expert, English-speaking guide will bring the masterpieces to life with amusing commentary and anecdotes created for kids.
Adults will love it too! It’s an opportunity to see their favorite works through the eyes of their children.
The tour includes fun visual aids, expertly crafted to keep your kids engaged and enthralled. Your guide will whisk you past the bustling crowds and long lines with skip-the-line access, saving precious vacation time and the often limited attention span of young travelers.
Walk in the footsteps of the kings and queens who lived in this impressive palace-turned-museum and learn about the everyday life of French nobility. See the hidden medieval Louvre, complete with its moat and mysteries. Hear about the people who built this masterpiece as well.
Watch your child’s eyes light up as they hear about Greek mythology as you stand in front of the actual Venus de Milo. See a variety of antique statutes, including the much-adored Winged Victory of Samothrace. Spend some time admiring the Mona Lisa’s mysterious smirk and hear the theories behind her enigmatic expression.
If your family still has interest and energy after this 90-minute tour, your ticket allows you to continue to explore the rest of this world-class museum on your own.
- Guided Louvre visit
- Louvre admission ticket
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Specially designed visual aids for each child on the tour
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
When you get there
Your guide will meet you at the Arc du Carrousel. This is a monumental arch with a horse-drawn chariot on top, situated across the road from the courtyard of the Louvre. Standing with your back to the entrance of the Louvre Museum and Pyramid, you will see it across the road, past the roundabout, before the entrance to the Tuileries Garden (Jardin du Tuileries). Arriving by Metro: Take Metro line 1 or 4 and get off at the stop Palais Royal Musee du Louvre. Take the exit marked Rue de Rivoli. Cross the Rue de Rivoli into the Louvre courtyard and you will see the arch. Arriving by taxi: Ask to be dropped off at the Arc du Carrousel du Louvre. Your taxi should be able to stop just in front. Arriving on foot: Walk into the center of the Louvre courtyard where the glass pyramid is. With your back to the pyramid you will see the arch in the gardens in front of the Louvre. GPS coordinates: 2°20'2"E, 48°51'41"NOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is only for families with children aged 5-12 years
• It is not possible to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers are permitted on this tour
• Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour
• Many sections of the museum are not air-conditioned (as air conditioning is not a standard feature in France)
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian