New York: Central Park Smartphone Scavenger Hunt
- Use your smart phone to solve puzzles in Central Park
- Discover New York's green oasis from a new perspective
- Compete in teams and tour at your own pace
- See local attractions and hidden gems, including Bethesda Fountain and Shakespeare's Garden
In essence, the “Quest” turns Central Park into a giant game board. Competing in teams, you will race to finish in as fast a time as you can, making your way past some well-known attractions, and some overlooked gems.
Start at Columbus Circle and journey through the southern ends of the park, passing the ball fields and zoo. Continue through the mall and around the scenic ponds. Arrive near the castle gates, learning the local history along the way.
In total you will cover about 2 miles of walking in around 3 hours, but you are free to start when you want and determine your own pace. You can even grab a bite to eat from one of the street carts and turn your tour/scavenger hunt into a picnic too.
- Smart phone scavenger hunt for 1 team
- Smart phone of iPad with Internet connectivity
- Transfers to the start point
Prepare for the activity
Start at Columbus Circle, located at the intersection of Broadway, Central Park West, Central Park South and 8th Avenue. Take the subway to the "Columbus Circle" stop (Blue Lines A and C, and Orange Lines B and D), and exit at 59th St.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All information needed to start your Quest will be sent to your smart phone. This will be your guide (you will not meet with an actual person)
• You may purchase your Quest days, weeks, or months in advance
• It is recommended you bring water, snacks, money, a city map, calculator, pencil and paper, and a fully charged smart phone
• Offered at a fixed price for a group vs. per person pricing, this city tour/game offers great value to those on a budget