New Orleans: Total Food, Cocktail and Jazz Tour
- Discover the origins of jazz as you take a scenic stroll around beautiful Louis Armstrong park
- Taste New Orleans’ rich multicultural history through its mouthwatering cuisine
- Go beyond Bourbon Street and visit historic bars once frequented by pirates, military generals and famous writers
- Enjoy a beer on us while enjoying the talents of some of the city’s best musicians
- Understand how folklore and cocktails collide as you sample some of the city’s most infamous drinks
Before diving into the world of New Orleans cocktail culture, you'll have he chance for a coffee break or to browse souvenirs. Head to Jackson Square to begin this section of the tour which goes beyond Bourbon Street and the tourist trail into the truly unique and historic bars of the city. Visit several historic bars and sample characteristic drinks, such as the Sazerac and the Ramos Gin Fizz and discover why New Orleans has been called "the cradle of civilized drinking".
For the beginning of the jazz stretch of this tour, head to the Louis Armstrong park to hear about the jazz legend. From here, make your way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, a hip nightlife area that's home to the famous Frenchmen Street where you'll find the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Guided by a local, you'll be shown the best night for that day of the week, and you'll even get a free beer at one of the venues. Be on the look out for impromptu street performances. And if the timing and mood is right, you might get to go behind the scenes with one of the live bands.
Your total day tour ends at the nightly art market, another lively spot where the city’s artists show off their best work, from handmade sculptures to local photography. If you're craving more at the end of this tour, then simply ask your guide and they will be happy to make further suggestions.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples
- Five cocktail samples
- Small snack
- One beer
- One streetcar ticket (if applicable)
- Additional food and drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians
Prepare for the activity
• As this tour involves visits to bars, travellers under 21 years of age will not be able to join
• For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.