New Orleans Swamp & Bayou Boat Tour
- Experience the timeless beauty of South Louisiana on a custom built swamp boat
- Discover how the seafood from Louisiana waters provides a wide assortment of delectable local dishes!
- Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria and many species of snakes
Discover how the seafood from Louisiana’s waters provide a wide assortment of delectable local dishes! After a short motor coach ride across the Mississippi River, take a fascinating boat trip into the Louisiana swamps and Bayous.
Native guides will reveal the mysteries of the swamps and bayous and you will get to experience the Cajun “Joie de Vivre.” Observe the nesting grounds of alligators, egrets, raccoons, nutria and many species of snakes. Some wildlife is more numerous during the warmer months of the year.
Learn why the wetlands are disappearing due to coastal erosion and discover man’s effort to correct the damage it has done and to restore this vital habitat.
- Experience guide
Prepare for the activity
Check-in at the Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office at Toulouse Street and the Mississippi River (at the Steamboat NATCHEZ Dock), one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter. The Lighthouse is located at 400 Toulouse St. (on Google Maps.) Vouchers must be exchanged for boarding passes at the Lighthouse Ticket Office.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Tours will not be conducted on Mardi Gras Day and Thanksgiving Day
• The supplier provides handicap access for wheelchairs but not scooters or walkers. Vehicle lifts meet all ADA requirements and are equipped for wheelchair storage (based on availability). If wheelchairs can collapse and fold, staff will assist in accommodating the chair in a safe place on the vehicle. Handicap reservations must be made 48 hours in advance to secure availability. Contact information will be provided on your voucher