New Orleans: All-Year Mardi Gras Parade Experience
- Take a fully guided tour of the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture and try on real parade costumes
- Enjoy a classic New Orleans cocktail at the oldest family-run restaurant in US and learn about the illustrious Mardi Gras “krewes”
- Take part in your very own Second Line parade led by your local expert guide
- Explore the French Quarter while learning about the history and traditions that make Mardi Gras so famous
- Go behind the scenes at Mardi Gras World to see how the amazing parade floats are made
Next head over to the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture for a guided tour. Discover all about the “krewes” that run the colorful Mardi Gras parades and balls. Make the most of the interactive experience and try on some of the elaborate costumes.
Then, try out the oldest family-run restaurant in the US where you can check out the original themed rooms that honor the different krewes that go there. Try a classic New Orleans’ cocktail while on one of the best balconies for parade watching and viewing the French Quarter.
Become a true New Orleanian by learning how to form your very own Second Line parade, a New Orleans art form. Listen out for tips about where to go if you want to experience Mardi Gras like a local.
After making your way through the French Quarter, hop on a shuttle to Mardi Gras World. End the day with a behind-the-scenes look at how the parade floats are made before trying a slice of carnival-tinged king cake.
- Local expert guide
- Admission to the Mardi Gras Museum of Costumes and Culture
- Admission to Mardis Gras World (unaccompanied by Walks guide)
- 1 pre-selected cocktail
- A slice of king cake
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
The tour will meet outside of Arnaud's Restaurant on 813 Bienville Street. If walking from Canal and Bourbon Street, walk two blocks and take a left on Bienville. The meeting point will be outside the main entrance to the restaurant.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Baby strollers
• Comfortable walking shoes recommended
• Some portions of the tour are not wheelchair or baby stroller accessible
• The walking portion of the tour happens outdoors, rain or shine. Ponchos are recommended for rain; umbrellas for shade.