Munich by Segway: 2.5-Hour Leopold Tour
- Experience sightseeing from a new perspective
- See the English Garden and the Angel of Peace
- Admire the impressive Maximilianeum, the seat of the Bavarian State Parliament
- Ride past the Feldherrnhalle and the Theatine Church
- See the Hofgarten, Munich’s famous Eisbach, and the Siegestor
The tour starts at Artur-Kutscher-Platz. From there you will head towards the English Garden and along the Isar River to the Angel of Peace. Continue on to the Maximilianeum, the seat of the Bavarian Parliament. This building was constructed between 1857 and 1874 by the architect Friedrich Bürklein and fits in with the surroundings by the Isar River.
Up the river you will see Museum Island with the Deutsches Museum and the parish church of St. Maximilian on the west bank of the Isar River. Head along Maximilianstraße past the Residenz Theatre at Odeonsplatz. There you will find the Feldherrnhalle and the Theatine Church. Pass by the Munich Residenz together with the Hofgarten as well as the Bavarian State Chancellery towards the Eisbach. From there you head through the Siegestor back to the starting point.
- Segway rental
Prepare for the activity
The tour office is located at Artur-Kutscher-Platz 2a, 80802 Schwabing, Munich. Take the tram line 23, bus lines 53, 54, or 144, or the metro lines U3 or U6 to Münchner Freiheit station. Exit towards Feilitzstraße/Leopoldstraße. Walk down Feilitzstraße and turn left onto Occamstraße. After a 5-minute walk you will reach Artur-Kutscher-Platz at the end of Occamstraße. If you arrive by car, you can park at Artur-Kutscher-Platz (parking meter). If you cannot find a parking space, there is a parking lot on Occamstraße.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Alcohol and drugs
• No drivers license required
• The total duration of the tour may vary depending on the group size and individual driving skills and includes the Segway instruction session and training
• Participants must weigh between 45 and 118 kilograms (driver including load)
• Tours take place in all weather conditions. The tour will be suspended in the event of extreme weather conditions. Please dress appropriately for the weather