Glide Through History: Munich 3.5-Hour Segway Tour
- Glide around the historic sights of Munich on a self-balancing Segway
- See the Deutsches Museum, the world's largest science and technology museum
- Ride through the Englischer Garten, and see the Japanese Tea House and surfers on an artificial stream
- Discover hidden city sights and get insider tips for the rest of your vacation
- Learn about Munich's development from a modest medieval town to one of the world's most advanced cities
- Admire the golden Angel of Peace on Prinzregentenstraße
Starting in the Old City pedestrian zone, you will make frequent stops to admire the city sights and try some typical Munich snacks. Learn about the Munich’s development from a modest medieval town to today’s exciting city of science and technology, evidenced by the colossal Deutsches Museum.
Admire the classical architecture of Königsplatz, modeled on the Acropolis in Athens. Glide past the palatial Maximilianeum, home to the Bavarian state parliament since 1949. Learn about Munich’s role during World War 2, and pass the freestanding cube of the starkly modern Jewish Museum. End with a greater appreciation of this city of rich culture and bustling progress, and a better understanding of the city’s motto, "München mag Dich" (Munich likes you).
- Segway orientation
- English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children under 14 years
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the City Segway Shop Munich, Karlsplatz 4. From the Karlsplatz (Stachus) Fountain, with your back to the city gate and the pedestrian shopping street, turn right along Sonnenstrasse. After 50 meters, you will see the shop on the right-hand side in the courtyard of Karlsplatz 4.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Open-toed shoes
• Participants must be at least 14 years old to take part. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or have an adult complete the insurance paperwork.
• Participants must weigh between 100 pounds (45 kilos) and 250 pounds (115 kilos).
• One credit card is required, per party, to remain on file for the duration of the tour. Please ensure that one member of your party brings a Visa or Mastercard to remain on file while on tour.