Dachau Memorial Site Tour
- Be fully escorted by a memorial licensed guide.
- Reflect on the occurrences that took place at the site
- Take private time to explore the museum exhibit
You will meet your guide at 09:00 AM in front of the tourist information center on Marienplatz in central Munich. Your guide will take care of your travel tickets for you and ride with you on the local train system to the old ninth century town of Dachau, 10 miles north west of Munich. After a short bus ride which very much follows the route that the prisoners would have taken, you will arrive at the site to begin your tour.
Your guide will escort you through the site and will be very keen to furnish you with as much factual information as possible delivered in an objective manner. This tour, on a human level, is very thought provoking and your guide will also encourage questions and discussion. By adopting this approach, the hope is that people meditate on their visit and take time to digest their experience of it afterwards. The tour will focus on the plight of the victims, those that died, and also the survivors. Individual prisoners will be mentioned and their first hand experiences explained. However, the perpetrators of the crimes, the SS, will also be examined, to try to understand their complicity and how they could have reconciled themselves with the crimes they committed.
Your guide will allocate a period of time for exploration of the excellent museum exhibit, giving guests the opportunity to have a degree of independence for reflection on the site. Upon meeting up you will be accompanied by your guide for the return journey to Munich Marienplatz, with the opportunity to depart at main station if that is more convenient for you.
- Memorial site accredited guide
- Return transportation costs from Munich
- Comprehensive site coverage
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and beverages (it is recommended to bring these)
- Travel costs outside of the duration of the tour
- Children under 14 years
Prepare for the activity
Outside the Tourist Information Center and underneath the famous Glockenspiel on Marienplatz central Munich. Sbahn and Ubahn station to Marienplatz. Your guide will have a white placard with Dachau Tour on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• A moderate amount of walking is involved, approximately 2 to 2.5 kilometeres
• The tour lasts approximately 5 hours
• Please note children under 14 are not permitted on the tours