Naples: Day Trip to Mount Vesuvius
- Visit the most characteristic locations of the region
- Enjoy a panoramic drive by shuttle bus
- Reach the crater of the volcano and listen to a professional alpine guide
After about 1 hour of driving through the city, you will begin to pass through a national park that features amazing views of the Bay of Naples. You will ascend to 1,000 meters in your bus, from where you will take a walking path up to the crater. Once here you can admire breathtaking views, and learn more about local geology from your volcanological guide.
You can listen to explanations about the many transformations of the mountain due to its volcanic nature from a professional alpine guide, who will provide great insight as to how and why this great nature force was able to destroy Pompeii and Herculaneum. You will then have time to walk around and take pictures before re-boarding your bus and returning to Naples.
- Transportation by shuttle bus
- Entrance fees to Mt. Vesuvius
- Alpine guide service provided by the National Park of Vesuvius
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Reduced price for children between the ages of 4 and 17 years old
• Different pick-up locations are possible (such as the main train station or sea port) upon request
• In the event that Vesuvius is forced to close due to natural causes, you will be allowed to change the date or receive a refund (for Vesuvius entrance fee only)