From Manchester: 3-Day Tour of Snowdonia, Wales, and Chester
- Explore the jagged peaks of Snowdonia National Park
- Admire the beauty of New Quay and Cardigan Bay
- Visit Harlech Castle, one of the finest examples of late 13th-century military architecture in Europe
- Enjoy the impressive Conwy Castle, a brilliantly preserved 13th-century fortress
- Discover the historic market town of Aberystwyth
Depart from Manchester by coach for your first stop of the day, Conwy. Explore the town and its award-winning, picturesque harbor. View a castle perched by the sea, the "world’s smallest house", and traditional restaurants boasting the best fish and chips. Travel to the Llanberis Slate Museum, after you've soaked up the sea air, and learn about the history of the second largest slate mine in the world.
Continue to Beddgelert, known as the "loveliest" village in Snowdonia. Admire the beautiful architecture of the stone houses and arched bridges. Travel through the heart of Snowdonia as the evening comes, arriving at your overnight stop in Aberystwyth.
Day 2: Aberystwyth to New Quay
Set off from Aberystwyth in the morning for the colorful seaside town of New Quay. Enjoy a relaxing stroll along the picturesque beach or grab an ice cream. Visit Laugharne, and stand in awe before this village’s towering castle.
Carry on towards Carreg Cennen, an imposing fortress perched on top of a hill, nestled within the Brecon Beacons National Park. Roam across the ramparts and experience stunning views of the surrounding natural landscape. Make your way to Newton House, a palatial building that boasts rich gardens, unique architecture, and famous ghost stories, before returning to Aberystwyth later on that evening.
Day 3: Harlech Castle and Chester
Watch Snowdonia’s mountains fly by as you make your way to Harlech Castle, one of the most popular castles to see in the whole of the UK. Take the chance to witness the sea views and learn about its war-torn history.
Stop for lunch in the little village of Betws-Y-Coed before journeying to one of England’s most historic towns, Chester. Head to the cathedral, rebuilt in the Gothic style from 1250 onward. Arrive back in Manchester in the early evening.
- 2-nights bed and breakfast accommodation (with breakfast)
- Transportation in a luxury 16-seat mini coach
- Professional and entertaining local driver/guide
- Lunch, dinner, and refreshments
- Entry fees
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour departs at Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD. Exit Piccadilly Train Station in Manchester. At Caffe Nero, turn left and walk towards Motel One. Take the first left under the tunnel. Walk until you see a white mini bus with the local partner's name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The guesthouses may be up to a 20-minute walk from the town center
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• One 15-kilogram bag permitted per person
• En-suite accommodation will be drawn from a selection of small, locally-owned guesthouses and bed and breakfasts in the town of Aberystwyth