City of London: History and Monuments Private Tour
- Enjoy visiting the city with a professional, local guide who knows its way around London unlike anyone else, showing you hidden gems
- Learn about London's history through its beautiful streets and architecture. Experience an authentic tour of the past with your guide
- See one of the oldest churches and houses in London
- Hear gruesome stories, tales of terrible crimes and historic anecdotes
- Discover the dark, secret side of one of the oldest cities in the modern world
- Marvel at the sights
Enjoy a fully customized experience from the moment you reserve, with flexible start times. London is best experienced on foot, exploring the winding streets without being subject to traffic. All the tour is done on foot but you set the pace and you can stop everywhere you want. Your guide will recount exciting stories from London's past and present, show you incredible London landmarks and hidden gems, get to know you to add in extra touches to make the tour even more unique, take photos for you at any time, suggest dining and shopping locations. There is simply no better experience. Also, the guide will give you entertaining, both French and English, historical context.
Take a walk through London's most beautiful secret places and get off the usual tourist track and avoid the typical tour guide banter. You will learn about the London disasters (fires, plagues, wars, riots, etc.) which shaped the city and its inhabitants (Romans, Saxons, Normans, Jews, English, Irish, even French!). Funny anecdotes about famous people, relations between French and English, origins of French and English idioms all along. The tour starts around 10:00 AM in front of the Monument which celebrates the city which rises from the ashes, in the heart of the city of London.
- Private guided tour
- Professional French guide who has studied London’s history and lives in London
- Walking tour (other transportation can be arranged at additional cost)
- Meals and drinks
- Attraction and museum admission fees
- Tips/Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses