London Thames River Ale Tasting Full or Half-Day Bike Tour
- Cycle the University Boat Race route of the River Thames London
- Hear about Saxon and Roman history while passing by old riverside houses and pubs
- Sample locally brewed ale and hear the history of brewing in the area
- Pass working boat yards and enjoy parts of the Grand Union Canal
- Cross the River Thames 4 times (Half-day trip: 3 times)
- See the remains of Henry VII's Richmond Palace linked to royals for 150 years
- Finish at Richmond and a riverside pub or walk to the nearby train station
- Choose a half-day option to enjoy Kew Gardens or lunch at a riverside pub
Cycle the route of the famous annual Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race, where the 2 historic universities battle for supremacy. Look out for practicing rowing teams as you bike the quiet South West London sections of the river.
Pass old riverside pubs, from Putney to Richmond, and hear the history of brewing in the area. Stop to enjoy shots of ale at one of 2 locations, and visit a brewery shop where you can buy souvenirs during the week.
The full-day ride takes you to working boatyards and a garden center set in the grounds of a 16th-century stately home. Cycle through beautiful Syon Park, passing historic Syon House, and ride through Old Isleworth town, passing 18th-century riverside pubs/ Cross the River Thames using the unique Victorian Richmond Lock and arrive at Richmond where you can enjoy a riverside pub. Return from Richmond Train Station on the Underground District Line or Mainline train to London Waterloo.
You can also choose the easier half-day ride and finish before or after a pub lunch. You will be free to visit Kew Botanical Gardens, Kew National Archives, the Steam Museum, or the Musical Museum.
- Bike hire with helmet
- Local guide
- Ale tasting session
- Pub lunch
- Transport to/from start and finish location
- Entrance fee for attractions
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the Embankment, Putney, London SW15 1LB near the Thai Square restaurant by Putney Bridge. Mainline train from London Waterloo, or Underground District Line from Earls Court, Kensington, Victoria etc. - approximate 20-minute journeyOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Booking is essential to reserve your bike.
• Luggage transfer and accommodation help is offered if needed (extra cost on request).
• No refund on cancellations within 72 hours of tour, however dates can be changed but subject to a charge.
• Private Tour is for 1-4 people with bike hire