From Livorno: Shore Excursion to Chianti and San Gimignano
- Sample some delicious local Tuscan wines
- Relax over a convival Tuscan lunch in a beautiful countryside setting
- Discover the medieval center of the town of San Gimignano
- Delve into Macelleria Falorni specializing in wild boar and pecorino cheeses
- Stroll around the charming market town of Greve
Later, as you cross the hills to Montefioralle, the tiny hamlet where Amerigo Vespucci was born, enjoy a wine tasting tour at a small family-owned estate. Your journey will then take you through the Antinori vineyards at Badia a Passignano to relax over a convivial Tuscan lunch at a little osteria hidden away amongst these rolling hills.
After lunch, stop at the World Heritage site of San Gimignano with its unforgettable skyline of towers. The town is renowned for its white Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and the Gelateria di Piazza, where Sergio Dondoli creates award-winning gelato with flavors including Vernaccia wine sorbet. Get dropped off back at your ship in the afternoon with plenty of time before departure.
- Bottled water
- Private English-speaking driver
- Price of wine tastings (from 20 euro per person)
- Price of lunch
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Depending on where your ship docks, your driver will either be waiting on the dock as close to your ship as possible. If there are two gangplank exits he will be waiting in the centre of both. Or your driver will meet you after the passenger terminal that you will have to walk through. He will be holding a sign with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶