La Fortuna: Small-Group Arenal Volcano Expedition
Pickup includedPick-up from the following hotels in La Fortuna Town: Arenal Country, Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, Los Lagos, Volcano Lodge, Volcano Inn, Arenal Springs, Arenal Manoa, Arenal Paraíso, Montaña de Fuego, Kokoro, Campo Verde, Carlos Lodge, Tacotal, Kioro, Tabacón, Mountain Paradise, Arenal Nayara, Villas Eco Arenal, Silencio del Campo, Royal Corin, Baldi Hot Springs, La Pradera del Arenal, Magic Mountain, and Lomas del Volcan. For hotels in Area 2 of Arenal, El Tanque Airport, Lost Iguana, Arenal Lodge, El Bosque and the Springs Resort, please pay a supplement of $39 per transfer. This rate is for 1 to 6 people. For hotels in Area 3, Arenal Observatorio Lodge and hotels in El Castillo, Chachagua and Muelle, please pay a supplement of $48.
- Take a tour of The Silencio Arenal Park and walk past lava flows
- See areas that have been devastated by the eruptions of Arenal Volcano
- Get incredible views of the volcano, Arenal Lagoon and the Tilarán mountains
- Hear explanations of the history, active cycles and geological formation of Arenal
- Go to the hot springs of your choice for an optional bathe
Afterwards, you will begin your return trip down the same trail to the starting point. For the next stage of the expedition, you will change scenery and enter into the regenerating forest and small area of primary rainforest found at the base of the Arenal Volcano. This trail is about 1.5 km in length, and with a little luck, you will have the opportunity to discover a large variety of flora and fauna, including toucans, wild turkeys, orioles, wild boars, snakes, and monkeys.
After the trails, your driver will be waiting for you with a delicious snack of tropical fruit, before returning you to your hotel in La Fortuna to enjoy the remainder of your stay. If you prefer, you can visit the hot springs of your choice for approximately 3 hours, for an additional cost. After having time to enjoy these natural thermal waters, you will be picked up in a modern mini-van to take you to your hotel.
- Transportation by air-conditioned van
- Pick-up from hotels listed in the pick-up details
- Park entrance
- Certified nature guide
- Material with supporting information
- Any additional food and beverages
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• Bookings can be canceled up to 24 hours in advance at no charge. For cancellations on the day of the tour, a 100% cancellation fee applies
• Tours operate with a minimum of 2 paying adults