Kyoto: Arashiyama Customized Rickshaw Tour & Bamboo Forest
Pickup optionalJR SAGA-ARASHIYAMA Station: Your guide(s) will be waiting for you just outside the SOUTH exit of the JR Saga-Arashiyama train station, right next to the red mail box and telephone booth. A photograph and jpg map of the meeting place will be sent together with the manual confirmation email.
- Enjoy an informative, private, and fully customizable rickshaw tour through Arashiyama and the bamboo forest
- Relax at the sight of Kyoto's lush nature
- Explore the charming and quiet neighborhood streets of Arashiyama
- Have access to an exclusive rickshaw path through the bamboo forest
- Visit unique temples and gardens
Seeing its beauty, you’ll understand why the Japanese have a fond appreciation for nature. Admire the scenery, which is a blend of serene nature, tended gardens, and dazzling shrines, as your rickshaw driver pulls you up the mountain. Next you’ll see the beautiful Nonomiya Shrine, a Shinto site. If you’ve chosen the 45-minute tour, at this point you’ll end back at the starting point. But if you choose a longer tour, up to 3 hours and 10 minutes, you’ll continue through more of Arashiyama’s wealth of sites.
Explore Rakushisya’s cottage, a rustic thatch-roof cottage that was once the home of one of Japan’s revered poets and haiku masters. Those continuing on will be pulled to spots not seen by many tourists. Explore more ancient temples, including Shinto shrines and the Buddhist Nison-in, as your guide whisks you through some amazing places before returning to Togetsu-kyo bridge.
The Kyoto Arashiyama Tour is available in four different options: 45 minutes, 1 hour and 10 minutes, 2 hours and 10 minutes, and 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- Private rickshaw tour
- Knowledgeable, local guide
- Photo stops at instagrammable spots along the tour
- Admission fee to selected temple
- Gratuities (optional)
- Snacks and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
JR SAGA-ARASHIYAMA Station: Your guide(s) will be waiting for you just outside the SOUTH exit of the JR Saga-Arashiyama train station, right next to the red mail box and telephone booth. A photograph and jpg map of the meeting place will be sent together with the manual confirmation email.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Selfie sticks
• A maximum of 2 adults per rickshaw
• Up to 2 children, 6 years and under, can ride with 2 adults (children have to ride on ad adult's lap)
• While rickshaws are able to fit 2 adults, each rickshaw is 21.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, but sometimes it might be more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger
• If a child 6 years will be using one of the 2 seats of the rickshaw, it must book as an adult (full fare paying guest)
• Wheelchair- and stroller-friendly
• Not recommended for expecting mothers in their first 16 weeks of pregnancy
• This tour can be customized depending on your interest