From Krakow: Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains
- Gaze over the Tatra Mountains as you ride the funicular
- Purchase local wares in the market
- Feast on Polish delicacies in a traditional restaurant
You will begin your exploration of the area by taking the funicular railway to the top of Mount Gubałówka for views over the granite and limestone peaks of the Tatra Mountains. Having returned to the oldest part of Zakopane, we will visit the charming wooden old parish church and the most unique cemetery in Poland.
To complete your experience, you have a chance to visit the enormous regional market and enjoy lunch in a regional restaurant serving local specialities. If you wish to find out more about this unusual region you can visit the Tatra Museum or the village of Chochołów (famous for its 150-year-old wooden log cabins and a serene atmosphere).
- English speaking guide, hotel pick up from selected hotels, admission to the funicular railway and the Tatra Museum.
- Optional gratuity, food and drink, unless specified.
Prepare for the activity
The central meeting point in Krakow is located at the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, situated on the opposite side of the Sheraton Grand Hotel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Please note that one way transfer Krakow-Zakopane and v.v. takes about 2hours.