Travel from Krakow on this full-day excursion to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial. A professional guide will take you on a tour of this former concentration camp that was at the center of the Nazi extermination program.
About this activity
Duration 7 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date and participants:
Learn about the historical and political background of Auschwitz-Birkenau
Visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp
See the barbed wire fence, the gas chambers, and cremation ovens
On this 7-hour trip from Krakow you’ll visit the former concentration and extermination camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest of the Third Reich.
You’ll see the fortified walls, barbed wire, platforms, barracks, gallows, gas chambers, and cremation ovens where the genocide by the Nazis took place.
This site is the symbol of humanity's cruelty to its fellow human beings in the 20th century. According to historical investigations, 1.5 million people, among them a great number of Jews, were systematically starved, tortured, murdered, and gassed to death in this camp.
Learn from an expert local guide about the horror of the Holocaust as you visit this site that was at the center of the Nazi extermination program.
Round-trip transportation to Auschwitz and Birkenau
Local English-speaking or Spanish-speaking guide at Auschwitz and Birkenau
• Maximum size of bags allowed to take to the museum is 20x30 cm (typical A4 size)
• Tour takes about 7 hours (depending on conditions on the road and in the museum)
• The English tour guide speaks in English only
• You may not board the bus until the tour leader has checked your ticket
• There is no toilet on the bus. The price for toilets in Auschwitz I is 1,50 PLN and in Birkenau 2 PLN
• Distance to walk in the museum is about 4 kilometers
• Due to the precise schedule of tours, please be punctual and respect the recommendations of your tour leader
• Any changes of your order can be made no later than 24 hours before departure. After that time no changes will be possible
• Entrance for children up to 4 years of age is free of charge - you only have to pay for transportation (70 PLN)