Auschwitz-Birkenau: Guided Tour from Krakow
Pick-up servicePick-up and drop off is available in selected areas of central Krakow (Old Town, Jewish Quarter and Jewish Ghetto). The pick-up time may be prior to or later than the scheduled time of departure.
- Visit the infamous former Nazi concentration camp at Auschwitz
- See all the permanent exhibitions in Auschwitz as well as important original buildings in Birkenau
- Experience this harrowing time in modern history with a professional guide
Transportation to the Auschwitz Museum is arranged in minivans with 8 passengers, along with your driver. After the 1.5-hour drive to the site you’ll have a short break before the tour.
The tour begins at Auschwitz, the main camp, in a group of no more than 30 visitors. You’ll be led by a professional, museum-employed guide. Receivers and earpieces are provided by the Auschwitz Museum to ensure that you’re able to hear the guide clearly.
You’ll spend around 2 hours taking in all the permanent exhibitions and buildings at the main camp, and then have a 15-minute break. Following the break there will be a short drive to Birkenau, the second part of the camp, located about 3km from Auschwitz. The Birkenau visit lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
The duration of the excursion is around 6.5 hours, including the round-trip transfers from Krakow and the guided visits. You’ll be dropped off at approximately 4:00 PM.
- Round-trip transportation from Krakow
- Museum entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Centrally located meeting point
- Hotel pick-up and drop off available on request (in selected areas)
- Meals and drinks
When you get there
The meeting point is at the tour operator's office located on Grodzka Street in the Old Town. It is only a 5-minute walk from the Main Market Square and the Wawel Castle. Departure is at 09:00. Meeting point address: Grodzka 46 31-044, KrakowOpen in Google Maps ⟶