Kilkenny: Smithwick's Beer Experience
- Visit one of Kilkenny's must-see attractions
- Experience the sights, smells, and tastes that create the perfect pint
- Learn about the Franciscan monks who started brewing here
- Hear the story of the Smithwick family
- Enjoy a complimentary drink in the intimate bar
On the brewing floor, experience a reproduction of the brewing process right down to the smell of the hops and the taste of the sweet wort. Learn about the 4 ingredients that go into every pint of Smithwick's, including the secret ingredient which is kept under lock and key.
The final stage of the tour is, for many, the best - sample a pint of your favorite Smithwick's ale in the tasting bar or upgrade to a Tasting Paddle where you can sample 3 different ales on offer. Learn what makes Smithwick's one of Ireland's favorite ales that is famous all over the world. Sit back, relax and enjoy, this fun and informative tour.
- Guided tour
- Complimentary pint of Smithwick's or a soft drink
- Audio guides in French, German, Spanish, or Italian
Prepare for the activity
Smithwick's Experience 43 Parliament St, Gardens, Kilkenny, R95 TW27, Ireland. The brewery is located beside the courthouse on Parliament St. Make your way down the laneway beside the retail store, to the admissions desk where your voucher will be processed and exchanged for tickets for the next available tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶