Saint Sophia Cathedral and Golden Gate Kiev Tour
Pickup optionalTraveler's centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev. Private Guide and transport will meet at this address what you inform in booking.
- Enjoy the company of a private guide for a more personalized experience
- Get a great overview and orientation of the city
- Relax with pick-up from a centrally located meeting point
- Experience excellent value for money
This majestic 13-cupola sanctuary adjoined Yaroslav’s Palace and become a holy place of worship for Kievites as well as a political and cultural center. You will meet with an interior of rich frescoes and mosaics, many of which are still intact almost a millennium later, the cathedral made a huge impression on the ordinary worshippers of Kiev. The azure and while Bell Tower is 76 m high. The cathedral’s upper Ukrainian Baroque section and gilded cupola were added in 1852. The 18th century refectory houses a museum and contains archaeological artefacts and architectural displays, such as models depicting Kyiv as it looked before being by Mongol invaders in 1240.
After the visiting famous church you are welcome to expect no more interesting and well known Golden Gate what are located a few minutes in walking. Golden Gate, one of the most unique architectural and archaeological sites in Kiev. The remains of ancient Kiev’s mail gate were originally constructed during the height of the Kievan Rus and included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Painstakingly planned by historians and architects, the bright new construction that entombs the ancient walls is considered an exact replica of the original gate. Golden Gate is one of the oldest dated buildings of the Eastern Europe. It was named by analogy with the main city Golden Gates in Constantinople.
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (except walking tour)
- Transport by private car or by minivan or by minibus (exept walking tour)
- Walking tour – guide will pick-up you at the entrance gate St.Sophia's Cathedral
- Explore the of St. Sophia's Cathedral and Golden Gate
- Visiting the museums from Sunday to Monday: Saint Sophia's Cathedral operates from 09:00 to 17:00, Golden Gate Museum operates from 10:00 to 17:00
- Entrance fees to Museums; St. Sophia's Cathedral (US$3 per person) and Golden Gate (US$2 per person)
- Please be know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra services
Prepare for the activity
Tour start near the Entrance Gate of the St.Sophia's Cathedral. Address: Volodymyrska street. 24 Guide will meet you with name sign in a hands "SOPHIA TOUR" in right side of the entrance Gate.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• In this case confirmation will be received within 24 hours, subject to availability
You can purchase The Museum Ticket Card of the National Conservation Area "St. Sophia of Kiev" what valid 7 days and price is about US$4 per person. Card includes visiting: 1.St. Sophia's Cathedral the ground floor. 2. St. Sophia Cathedral the first floor (including exhibition halls). Exhibitions: "The Mosaics and Frescoes of St.Michael's Golden Domed Cathedral' of the XIIth century", "Secret Art - a Spiritual Heritage of the People". 3. The Refectory. Exhibitions: "The Architecture and Monumental Art of Kiev of the end of the Xth century. - the firsthalf of the XIth century. "Ukrainian Amber World"". 4. The Metropolitian's Residence. 5. The Golden Gate Museum. 6. The St. Cyril's Church Museum.