Jerusalem & Bethlehem Small Group Day-Trip
- Enjoy a small group atmosphere of a maximum 19 passengers
- Visit the Church of Nativity, where Jesus was born.
- See the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, where Jesus was crucified, buried and resurrected
- Experience the Western (Wailing) wall
- Explore the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock
- Take in panoramic views of old and new Jerusalem from Mount Scopus
You’ll enjoy a panoramic overview from the Mount Scopus, overlooking the new city of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount Esplanade of the old city. As you travel along the Kidron Valley, you’ll be able to take in views the Garden of Gethsemane as well as the walls of the city.
On reaching the Armenian Quarter you’ll enter the Western or Wailing Wall square via the local bazaar. You’ll see the Christian Quarter and the Stations of the Cross, also known as the Via Dolorosa. We’ll visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, which is considered to be the site of the crucifixion of Jesus. We’ll also walk along the 1700-year-old Byzantine Cardo, the main street, and see the renovated Jewish Quarter.
From there you will transfer to Bethlehem, Palestinian with your guide in a vehicle. Bethlehem, meaning “City of Bread”, was the birthplace of Jesus according to Christian tradition. Your drive to Bethlehem takes you by way of Nativity Circle. You’ll visit the Church of Nativity, and also the cave where Jesus was born. You’ll see Manger Square, where Jesus was placed after his birth.
Before completing the tour, visit St. Catharine Roman Catholic Church. You’ll enjoy an overview of the Shepherd's Fields on return drive to your hotel in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entry fees
- Food and drinks
- Tips (recommended)
When you get there
Pick-up from main hotels in Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv, Herzliya & Netanya. If you need to be picked up from elsewhere (like an airbnb), the local operator will send you details of the closest pick-up point. From Tel-Aviv: 07:15 From Herzliya: 07:00 From Netanya: 06:30 From Jerusalem: 08:30Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Modest dress is required for the holy places
• The Palestinian guide meets tours only at the border post
• A change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory (Bethlehem)
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
• Due to visitor overload, a visit down to the Grotto of Nativity might not be possible because of tour time schedule