Hamburg: 3-Hour Culinary Tour of the Schanzenviertel
- Discover the trendy district of Sternschanze and sample its delicious culinary delights
- Discover true craftsmanship in the small and exciting neighborhood that has undergone a transformation in recent times
- Follow in the footsteps of Carl Hagenbeck and true "revolutionaries"
- Hear interesting information about the district
The Sternschanze was once a star-shaped defense structure. Today, it enjoys a cult status similar to the Reeperbahn. Nowhere else in Hamburg will you have the opportunity to see the fight against gentrification and commerce at first hand, and on the tour you will discuss current topics such as the increase in rent prices and the trade and interest of investors.
Explore a district that has emerged as one of the trendiest areas in the city. With an area of 0.60 square kilometers, the Sternschanze is one of the smallest but also most exciting neighborhoods in the whole of Hamburg. Right in the heart of the district is the left-wing autonomous center, the “Rote Flora.” Follow in the footsteps of Carl Hagenbeck and the true “revolutionaries,” and visit the old piano factory.
Along the way, stop at some of the local favorites in the area and enjoy the culinary diversity of the district with five different delicacies, as well as hear exciting stories and discover true craftsmanship.
- 3-hour culinary tour through the Schanzenviertel
- Motivated and competent tour guide
- Visit to 5 localities with food tastings
Prepare for the activity
Exit at the Sternschanze metro station (not to be confused with the exit of the train station). The metro station exit is located further back towards the water tower (Mövenpick hotel). Please arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes before the start of the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Meals during the tour can be enjoyed either while standing or, if necessary, while seated. According to past recommendations, eating before or after the tour is not usually needed for most guests
• Make sure to wear weatherproof clothing and suitable footwear