From Guadalajara: Jose Cuervo Distillery & Tequila Town Tour
Pickup includedPickup from your hotel in Guadalajara.
- Learn about the process of fermentation and modern distillation of blue agave
- Enjoy a tasting of different types of tequila down in oak barrels
- Explore the typical and picturesque village of Tequila
- Visit one of the most famous tequila distilleries of the world, Jose Cuervo distellery
Drive into the countryside of Mexico’s renowned tequila-producing region for a tour and tasting at one of the most famous tequila distilleries in the world. Pass the agave fields en route from Guadalajara. Then, learn about the fermentation process and enjoy a taste of this national drink after exploring the town of Tequila with your guide.
During the 1-hour drive to Tequila, stop to admire mountain vistas and the fields of agave azul (blue agave), the succulent plant used to make tequila, Mexico’s national drink. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage site, these blue-green patches of agave plants blend beautifully with the earth tones in the natural landscape.
Stop for lunch (own expense) in Tequila, before heading to the nearby town of Amatitlan for your tasting at the Jose Cuervo distillery. Learn about past and present-day tequila production techniques. Discover tequila’s indigenous origins and the Spanish who distilled the beverage into the tequila known today.
Watch the modern fermentation and distillation process of blue Weber agave, before a tasting of several different types of tequila aged in oak casks. A master tequilier will guide you through the different aromas and flavors. By the end of the tour you will feel like a tequila connoisseur!
- Bilingual guide
- Visit of Jose Cuervo distillery house
- Tequila tastings
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Confirmation of your tour will be provided at the time of booking
• The minimum age to consume alcohol in Mexico is 18 years old