From Guadalajara: Tapalpa and Attaco Private Tour
Pickup includedPlease wait in your hotel lobby or on the sidewalk if you are staying in a house or apartment. Please be ready at your pickup point 10 minutes before the activity starts.
- Visit and learn about Tapalpa, one of Mexico's official Magical Towns
- Admire the beauty of the town's Central Plaza, churches, and colonial architecture on a guided walking tour
- Discover Attaco, an indigenous village next to Tapalpa
- Explore the natives' historical hospital and the living pharmacy of medicinal plants
- Get the most out of your experience with a private tour and included hotel pickup and drop-off
Get picked up from your hotel in Guadalajara at 9:30 AM and drive 2 hours south to Tapalpa. Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the town, its Central Plaza, ancient churches, and charming colonial architecture. See why Tapalpa's name speaks for itself, as it comes from the ancient nahuatl language and means "Land of Colors".
In the town, sturdy wooden columns support whitewashed houses with red tile roofs and neat cobblestone streets weave around restored churches. Admire one of the most attractive towns in the state of Jalisco and its surrounding landscape. At 1 PM, enjoy some free time for lunch, with suggestions provided by your guide.
At 2:30 PM, drive to the indigenous village of Attaco, just outside Tapalpa. This was the first village the Franciscans evangelized in the area, building a hospital for the natives that you'll visit. Walk around the living pharmacy of hundreds of medicinal plants used by the natives in a village that has preserved its ancient uses and customs. At 3:30 PM, begin your return journey to Guadalajara and arrive back at your hotel at approximately 5:30 PM.
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuity (15%–20% suggested at the end of the tour)
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• This tour will take place rain or shine
• Please arrive at your pickup point 10 minutes before the activity starts