Ghent: Guided Walking Tour
- Discover the charm of Ghent on a guided tour
- Get 4 hours of free time to enjoy lunch and explore as you please
- Taste typical Flemish food, or enjoy a Kwak beer at the "shoe pub" of De Dulle Griet
Learn why the local inhabitants have been known as "noose-bearers“ since the time of Charles V, a Ghent native who went on to become the Holy Roman Emperor and King of Spain. Visit the 13th-century Castle of Gerald the Devil and see the Gothic facade of Saint Bavo's Cathedral, where you can admire the well-known painting “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers
Look at the Belfort bell tower and the peculiar Gothic and Renaissance Town Hall. Marvel at St. Nicholas’ Church and the nearby Masons’ Guild House. Go to the Graslei embankment, and see the majestic battlements of the Castle of the Counts. Stroll the Patershol neighborhood, and see the open wooden truss roof of the Great Butchers’ Hall. Experience the lively atmosphere of the Old Fish Market and Friday Market Square.
Ask your guide any questions you may have along the way. Get recommendations on places to eat lunch outside the touristic area, advice about Belgian beer and what monuments and museums you might like to see on your own.
- Spanish or English-speaking guide
- City map and recommendations about the country
- Discount card
- Entrance to museums