Frascati Wine Route from Rome: Pasta Making and Wine Tasting
- Get your hands dirty while cooking Rome's top pasta dishes
- Enjoy a day away from chaotic Rome while basking in the food, wine and unforgettable hospitality of the Castelli Romani region
- Discover the historic "stomping ground" of an important winemaking family, including wine caves and World War II hiding grounds
- Enjoy local wine as you get to know your fellow travelers
After a short walk, you will arrive at a beautiful wine cellar, where your hosts will open the wines produced at the family vineyard: Frascati Superiore D.O.C.G., and Vagnolo. After tasting the wine with some traditional appetizers, your pasta making begins.
Your chef will teach you how to make authentic homemade pasta, so be ready to get your hands dirty. Once you have mixed and rolled out your pasta you will be faced with a difficult choice: which of the Roman-style dishes would you like to create? You can choose from 3 typical recipes: Carbonara, Amatriciana, or Cacio e Pepe, before allowing your chef to guide you through the preparation. Your tour's grand finale will be as you sit down to enjoy your pasta while conversing with the other guests for as long as you like. Following dinner, you'll have a chance to view the "caves" below the wine cellar, before your tour concludes.
- Local expert guide
- Wine Tasting (2 wines)
- Appetizers and snacks
- Homemade traditional Roman pasta class
- Pasta dinner with wine
- All cooking supplies
- Train tickets to and from Frascati (instructions included with confirmation)
Prepare for the activity
Frascati is a short train ride from Rome. Trains depart from Roma Termini Station for Frascati at 12:54PM (arriving at 1:24PM), and follow every hour thereafter. Tickets can be purchased online at www.trenitalia.it.Open in Google Maps ⟶