Val D'Orcia: Cheese and Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Escape the hustle and bustle of Florence and experience the heart of Tuscany, the beautiful towns of Montalcino, Pienza and Montepulciano
- Enjoy two different wine tastings and savor the famous Pecorino cheese of Pienza
- Learn from your expert and knowledgeable tour leader, who will assist you during the whole trip
The tour starts with a wine tasting session in Montalcino, the land of the world-renowned Brunello wine. Here you will be enchanted by the outstanding charm of a special and definitely worth visiting wine cellar/museum. The estate has a rich history: it once belonged to the powerful Piccolomini family, whose members included Pope Pius II.
Next you move up to the peak of the town, where a magnificent sight will take your breath away: sunny rolling hills, ancient oaks, picturesque olive groves, scenic country roads winding through perfect vineyards and isolated cypress trees atop hills.
The tour continues to Pienza, which stands high upon a hill and dominates all the Orcia valley with extraordinary views. Enjoy the cheese tasting session with the famous Pecorino cheese (included in the tour!) and explore the pretty alleyways of this small town at your leisure.
The last stop takes you to Montepulciano, home to the famous Vino Nobile vineyards and more recently famous for the filming of the vampire movie "New Moon". Enjoy your second wine tasting session while visiting the dungeon where the wine is stored under the ancient walls of the winery, before heading back to Florence.
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Free visit of Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano
- Visit to a wine cellar/museum in Montalcino with tour of the wine cellars and tasting of the world-famous Brunello
- Visit to a winery in Montepulciano with tasting of the “Vino Nobile”
- Cheese tasting in Pienza
- Possibility of buying wine and cheese at a very competitive price
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or impaired mobility
• English and Spanish are always guaranteed - in order to confirm the excursion in any other language, a minimum of 4 participants is required