Florence: Top 10 City Highlights Walking Tour
- Learn about the Roman roots of Florence and journey through the Renaissance
- See amazing monuments such as the Ponte Vecchio and courtyard of the Uffizi Gallery
- Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore
Journey from its Roman roots through to the 15th century and see legendary attractions such as the famous covered bridge of the Ponte Vecchio over the River Arno. Gaze in awe at Brunelleschi’s dome at the monumental Duomo and look at the doors to the Baptistery. Follow in the footsteps of the poet Dante and much more.
Learn the stories about the Baptistery of San Giovanni – the oldest building of the city with its splendid Gates of Paradise. Visit Orsanmichele, the quintessential Florentine church, and learn why a market was transformed into a church. Rub the snout of a little bronze boar in Loggia del Porcellino and make a wish to come back to Florence. Take a look at the government palace, Palazzo Vecchio, a medieval fortress with the prison for the most dangerous criminals and the old residence of the Medici family.
Benefit from the services of an expert guide to get a deeper insight into the Cradle of the Renaissance. Hear about contemporary life in the city and get useful tips to help you explore on your own.
- 90-minute guided walking tour led by a licensed local tour guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Visit to the Ponte Vecchio
- Visit to Piazza Signoria
- Visit to the church of Orsanmichelle
- A look at the Duomo and Baptistery doors from the outside
- Visit to Dante's district
- Visit to Dante's church, if it is open
- Visit to Loggia del Porcellino
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to the Duomo and the Baptistery
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is via Ricasoli 45 (black) - just across the street from the Accademia Gallery. Ring the bell “Visit Today”, follow the check-in procedure at the office, and meet your tour guide. Please be at the meeting point at 9:15 AM, at least 15 minutes before the tour starts, to check-in and meet your tour guide. The tour departs at 9:30 AM. Please note that if you digit the meeting point address on Google Maps it will lead you to via Ricasoli 45 (red) which is on the other end of the street. In order to find the meeting point, look for the Accademia Gallery and you will find via Ricasoli 45 (black) just across the street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card for children
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended