Florence: 1-Hour Cupola Dome Entry and Guided Tour
- Enjoy a spectacular view of the city
- Climb to the top of the Cupola, the highest point in Florence
- See an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
Discover how the Cupola was designed and built by Brunelleschi in 1418.
Find out why the corridors are so narrow, and admire Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9) on your way up. Look down and on the base, just above the drum, see the balcony started, but never finished, in 1507. Hear about the fascinating story of the balcony and the unfinished eighth side from your guide.
Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, you will be enchanted by the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. Your guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer any of your questions regarding Duomo.
- Entrance fees
- Ticket and the reservation to climb the Dome
- The Cupola Climb is through the dedicated reservation line
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance ticket to the crypt, baptistery, bell tower and the Opera Duomo Museum of the Florence Duomo.
- Other inclusions as per the tour options selected. More details of the inclusions are mentioned under the option description
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the Cathedral (it is free of charge)
- Pregnant women
- People with claustrophobia
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of the Arnold Cafe (Porta Della Mandorla) or inside Arnold Cafe, floor -1. Please be present at the meeting point 20 minutes before departure time in order to avoid any delays.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Minimum numbers apply
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Not recommended for participants with back problems, physically not fit to climb steps, pregnant women, or those suffering from vertigo, claustrophobia, or heart problems
• Not wheelchair accessible
• No elevators are accessible on this tour
• Pets are not allowed
• The guided tour to climb the Cupola will take around 1 hour
• The tour will be conducted in English or in the language selected