Cinque Terre and Portovenere Day Trip from Florence
- Explore the colorful cliffside villages of the Cinque Terre on land and by boat
- Cruise through the Poets' Gulf to see why the landscape inspired so many artists
- Enjoy some time at leisure in Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- Taste delicious street food and famous Ligurian produce
- Ride the scenic train Vernazza
- Take an optional hike of the Cinque Terre National Park to see it from a different perspective
Cruise into Poets’ Gulf, dominated by green hills, clear waters, and vivid villages. Continue through Poets’ Gulf to Portovenere, one of the most stunning places on the west coast of Italy. Look at the little fishermen’s boats docked by the beach, and an old castle on the horizon. Enjoy some free time to explore the village on your own.
Continue by boat to see the Cinque Terre National Park from the sea. Marvel at how man overcame the challenge of nature, creating one-of-a-kind residences with unparalleled views. Stop at Monterosso, the largest town of the Cinque Terre. Enjoy some free time for lunch, and to swim in the sea, or join an optional light hike of the Cinque Terre mainland to enjoy it from a different perspective. Walk past terraced vineyards, and ancient olive groves.
Then, climb aboard the train to Manarola, where you’ll be dazzled by views of the tiny harbor, full of colorful boats and vibrant natural formations. Once again, take your time to amble around the area on your own and discover this town.
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Public boat tickets
- Free time in Portovenere, Monterosso and Manarola
- Train tickets
- 1.5-hour boat cruise
- Optional 45-minute light hike with tour leader
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Piazza dell'Unità Italiana, next to the Obelisk. Piazza dell'Unità Italiana is in front of Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Your guide will be waiting in front of the Obelisk in the middle of the squareOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or who require special assistance. It is also unable to accommodate strollers.
• Please note that the boat journey to Cinque Terre is occasionally affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to sea sickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey.
• Some sites lack shade and can be hot, so please bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water.
• In case of bad weather, the boat might not be able to sail. In this case the itinerary will be different, as the tour will visit another place in Cinque Terre instead of Portovenere (since it is only reachable by boat).
• Tours operate with a maximum of 25 participants
please note that itinerary might be adjusted according to weather and transport conditions.
• The supplier reserves the right to adjust the itinerary without prior notice.