Loch Lomond, Trossachs & Stirling Castle Tour from Edinburgh
- See one of Scotland's most picturesque and romantic lochs, Loch Lomond
- Explore Stirling Castle atop craggy Castle Hill, rich in history with tales of Mary, Queen of Scots, William Wallace, and Robert the Bruce
- Take a 1-hour cruise across Loch Lomond, taking in spectacular views
- Journey through Scotland's first national park, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Stop for lunch in historic Aberfoyle
Boat cruise optional
Trossachs National Park
Stirling Castle optional
Departing Edinburgh, head to the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, one of the prettiest and largest lochs in the whole of Scotland. Here you can enjoy an hour-long cruise taking in spectacular views of the loch’s many islands and the surrounding mountains. Alternatively, take a stroll through the picturesque loch-side conservation village of Loch Lomond Shores, with its quaint houses, cafes, and stunning views across the loch’s western shoreline.
Enter The Trossachs National Park, also known as “The Highlands in miniature” for its abundance of lochs, mountains, and forests, and famous as the homeland of the legendary outlaw, Rob Roy MacGregor. Continue on, past medieval Doune Castle, to the pretty town of Aberfoyle, situated on the banks of the River Teith in Stirlingshire, where you stop to enjoy some lunch.
Travel north-west for your last stop of the day at magnificent Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s most historically significant castles, sitting high on volcanic rock and offering wonderful views of the surrounding landscape. You will have time to visit the castle and learn of the exploits of key historical figures including William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots. With lots of interesting things to see and do here, the Stirling Castle experience is a must for any visitor to Scotland. Travel back to Edinburgh.
- Tour with an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable driver and guide.
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entrance fees to the Loch Katrine Cruise, running April-October, optional outdoor activities, and Stirling Castle).
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes