Edinburgh: Historic Underground Vaults Daytime Tour
- Explore the history of the famous Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Hear how real people lived, and worked, in the Vaults
- See, and touch, artefacts from 19th Century
- Have a thrilling day with Scotland's first 5-star walking tour
This is a chance to visit our Underground Vaults – the deepest, largest and most extensive in the city in the company of a Mercat historian. After sitting unexplored for two centuries, there are many questions waiting to be answered…Why were the Vaults built? When and who by? Who used the Vaults? When and why? How did they work, and play?
Your guide will recount their history, recall their stories and answer your questions during this glimpse into our past.
- Ticket for 75-minute scheduled public history tour
- Visit to Interpretation Centre
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
For health and safety reasons children under 5 years of age are not permitted on this underground tour.