Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Guided Tour
- Skip the long lines for a guided tour of Edinburgh Castle
- Learn the secrets of Edinburgh’s Castle's historic residents
- Go to the Half Moon Battery, the National War Museum and War Memorial
- See the Royal Crown Jewels of Scotland
- Learn about the wars with England and the fight for Scottish independence
- Visit the Castle Esplanade
- Hear about the dog cemetery and more
Skip the long lines to enter Scotland’s most popular tourist attraction and learn about one of the world’s most heroic and bloody national histories. Your guide will tell you stories of the kings, queens, lovers and soldiers that lived, for better or worse, behind the fortress walls.
Despite its seemingly impenetrable defenses, the castle’s past is riddled with dramatic conquests, captures and tales of destruction. By contrast, today it is one of the quietest places in Edinburgh, far above the city’s busy streets.
In addition to panoramic city views, see the Crown Jewels of Scotland, including the legendary Stone of Destiny, the Great Hall, the infamous dungeons, and the enormous Mons Meg cannon. Discover why it’s the only place in the world to host a graveyard for dogs, and be mesmerized by the smallest shrine you’ve ever seen.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Edinburgh Castle
- Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of Frankie & Benny's at 130 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QS. When you arrive at the meeting point, look out for the guides with the red umbrellas and red t-shirts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children aged 4 and under are welcome to join this tour for free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Edinburgh Castle stays open until 5:00 PM and your castle ticket is valid for the day of purchase
• While the tour usually includes the sites and stories mentioned and lasts about 1.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
• Unfortunately, the steep hills and uneven ground mean that this tour is not suitable for pushchairs or those unable to walk unassisted