Dublin Docklands: Two-Hour Segway Fun-Glide Experience
- Glide effortlessly by Segway along The River Liffey Promenade and share a wonderful experience with your friends
- Experience the exhilaration of gliding by Segway in this spectacular and historic urban setting
- Marvel at how Dublin's Georgian architecture perfectly blends with the modern structures of Dublin's "Silicon" Docks
- Enjoy the coolest and most fun way of touring the city by Segway
- Take in the city's spectacular river views, iconic buildings, bridges and monuments
Start your Segway Tour outside The 3 Arena, a 14,500-capacity amphitheatre adjacent to Ireland's newest transportation system – The Luas. Glide up-stream along the River Liffey and pass the unique restaurant/bar ship, Cill Airne. Continue on to The Convention Centre: this award-winning landmark building offers its visitors panoramic views of the River Liffey, Dublin city centre and the Wicklow mountains from its stunning glass-fronted atrium.
Glide on to the iconic Samuel Beckett Bridge, capable of opening through an angle of 90 degrees allowing ships to pass through. Cross The Liffey to Sir John Rogerson's Quay, and ride along to Windmill Lane Studios, also known as the famous U2 Studio. From there, you can visit Hanover Quay, and pass by Grand Canal Square, The Bord Gas Energy Theatre and onwards to The Custom House. Continue past The IFSC Centre, George's Dock, The Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship & Famine Museum, and The Famine Memorial Monument. Return to your start point outside The 3 Arena at leisure.
Segway Fun-Glides are suitable for all able-bodied adults and teenagers. They are eco-friendly, easy to drive, safe, reliable and, most importantly, huge fun! No previous experience is necessary as full Segway training will be provided by your skilful and patient instructor who will expertly guide and entertain you through your journey of discovery.
- Full Segway Induction and Segway Training Provided
- Safety Helmets
- Complimentary digital photo and video album of your Segway tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (however, transport can be arranged by request)
- Food and drink
- Children under 12 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
• There are limited washroom & W.C. facilities available along the tour route