Dresden: 101-of-Arts Old Masters Collection Tour in German
- See the world's most famous paintings by Raphael, Rubens, Titian, and Rembrandt
- Find out the reasons why these works were created with a German-speaking guide
- Understand and truly enjoy the classic arts whilst learning about the technical basics
- Gain complex scientific insights in a fun and easy way
- See X-rays of the paintings and touch samples of rare historic colour pigment
Once you know how to look at art and how to spot exciting elements in religious paintings, it will be time to look at some of them in more detail. Examine the world-famous Madonna by Rapahael, before discovering two megastars of the Renaissance: Titian and Giorgione. The "Sleeping Venus" of Dresden does not only happen to be the first and finest nude paintings of a woman in all modern art, but is also surprising in many ways. You will hear about the background of this work, and will even see it from the inside by looking at X-ray images of the painting.
Although this sounds like a lot, the tour is made to be entertaining and easily comprehendable at the same time. The concept is to be equally entertaining and revealing for you, and additional digital imagery and videos will be presented and projected during the tour.
- Admission to the gallery
- All license fees
- German-speaking guide
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting for you in the cloakroom. Please go downstairs from where the ticket point is (take a right through the door, then take the stairs on the right-hand side). Please arrive about 10 minutes before the activity starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
• Your tour guide will adjust the course of the program according to the present situation by adding equivalent or additional items due to the terms of service of the Saxonian State Art Collection
• Please note that this tour takes place in German only