Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu: 2-Day Private Tour
Pick-up serviceIf you do not wish to be picked up at the airport, you can request to be picked up from your hotel or other alternative location within the Cusco region.
- Visit the most important ancient sites of Sacred Valley
- See beautiful scenery throughout the journey
- Be accompanied by a professional, expert guide
After hotel pick-up in Cusco at around 8:00AM, you will drive to Chinchero to start the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu Tour. Your first visit will be to the main square, filled with its well-preserved Inca walls and altars. Following this, you will visit a textile center for a brief introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles. Local weavers will guide you through a step-by-step process of the ancient science of Andean weaving as it has been done since long before the Inca.
As you continue on your way to our next site, wyou will pass through lush agricultural fields and small rural communities. Weather permitting, spectacular views of snow-capped peaks line the horizon far into the distance. Your next stop will be Moray, with its spectacular terraces of concentric rings, which has been proven to be an experimental center for understanding the various climates and temperatures of different crops or agricultural plants, perhaps even used for domestication of different crops. After exploring Moray, you will descend lower in elevation to the salt mines of Maras, an important production center dating back to pre-Inca times. Here there are over 3,000 salt pools carved into the mountain side, filled daily by water seeping from the Earth, referred to by the locals as the "tears of mother earth".
In the afternoon, your train will depart from the town of Ollantaytambo to the train station in Machu Picchu. You will have the option of visiting some local hot springs before retiring to your hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu–Cusco
You will rise at first light for breakfast, before you head to the bus station to take the first buses up to the majestic mountain of Machu Picchu, also known as the “the Crystal City”. We recommend arriving early enough to catch sunrise before receiving a guided tour which last about 2.5 hours, followed by free time to explore the site on your own. If booked in advance, it will be arranged for you to climb Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu Mountain. You will agree on a time to meet in the afternoon in Aguas Calientes where you can board the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a private bus or van back to Cusco. Once back in Cusco you will be returned to your hotel of origin, marking the end of your tour.
- 1 night at 3-star hotel (based on double occupancy rooms)
- 1 buffet breakfast
- Sacred Valley tour
- Train to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Expedition service with Peru Rail company
- Entrances to Machu Picchu
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- All private transportation for the 2nd day
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Buses to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Entrances fees on day 1 (Sacred Valley Tour)
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee
- Upgraded train to the Vistadome
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes
- Travel Insurance (you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip)