Bighorn Canyon: 2-Hour Scenic Boat Tour
- Discover the ancient history of the inhabitants of the area
- See the Wyoming Skyscrapers with cliffs more than 1000 feet tall
- Enjoy a relaxing fun-filled cruise and abundant wildlife viewing opportunities
Enjoy the beautiful colorations of millions of years of geologic time on cliffs more than 1000 feet high. Get up close and personal with the abundant wildlife including bighorn sheep, the Canyon's namesake. Bring a camera because there will be plenty of perfect moments to take pictures. Discover how this little known area is a national treasure that is home to America's first designated wild horses known at the Pryor Mountain Wild Mustangs that now roam freely within the Park boundaries.
The tours are narrated by a professionally licensed Captain who knows the area well. Learn about the diverse and deep history of the prehistoric and Native American peoples that have called this place their home for thousands of years. The canyon walls were once home to Paleo Indians that lived in the caves along the face of the Canyon and these places can only be seen from the boat.
Halfway through the tour, the boat turns around and returns at Devil's Canyon almost 16 miles downriver. Upon the return, relax and enjoy a second half of the tour, as it looks completely different upon the return trip. At the end of the 2-hour tour, enjoy some food or refreshments as you sit on the deck of Horseshoe Bend Marina. Take in the views overlooking the water sipping your cold drink at the Rusty Anchor.
- Narrated tour broadcast over a clear sound system
- Lunch, snacks, beer, and refreshments (available to purchase)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
Horseshoe Bend Marina, Lovell, WY 82431, USA Take the first right turn off Wyoming Highway 37 after entering the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area following signs to Horseshoe Bend Marina and park in the parking lot in front of the Marina building prior to check in.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Food and drink may be brought on board if purchased from the Marina