Charleston: Historical Downtown Tour by Horse-drawn Carriage
- Tour the historic residential district of Charleston
- Enjoy a guided tour with a licensed tour guide
- Experience the sights of the city and discover places you could visit later
- Learn about the 350-year history of Charleston
The tour begins at our stables just one block from the city market, where a number of our horses live. Restrooms and water are available as well as a loading ramp to easily board one of the custom-built carriages.
Departing from the barn, you will continue to the city gate located in the Old City Market. Historic Downtown Charleston is split up into a number of areas that each tour is directed to travel to. Some highlights of these areas are Charleston Harbor, Rainbow Row, 4 Corners of Law, King Street, White Point Gardens, and the Charleston Battery.
A licensed tour guide will be narrating the entire tour with informative and entertaining commentary. At the end of the tour you will arrive back at the stables, where you will get off the carriage using the unloading dock.
- Services of a guide
- Horse-drawn carriage tour
- Use of restrooms
Prepare for the activity
Arrive 15 minutes early to the local partner's barn. Enter the main lobby area through the front door and check in with one of the customer service specialists at the desk. Restrooms are available in the lobby area along with seating.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Purchasing your tickets online in advance is highly recommended because it allows you to reserve seats for a particular tour time