From Cape Town: Garden Route, Addo and Winelands 7-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up possible from your preferred location in and around Cape Town, if within a 10-kilometer radius of the CBD.
- Sample fine wines paired with chocolate or biltong in the Cape Winelands
- Travel to the southernmost tip of Africa
- Brave a waters to see magnificent marine life by kayak
- Walk with the elephants in natural settings
- Look for whales off the coast of Hermanus
- Avail of optional adventure activities including a bungee jump, zipline, surfing and 4WD safari
- Bungee jump at Bloukrans Bridge
This is a combo tour package including a 2-day Western Cape tour and 5-day Garden Route tour; your vehicle, guide and tour members can change during the trip.
Day 1: Cape Agulhas
Sample MCC sparkling wine and chocolate or biltong paired with some of the best wines in the Cape Winelands, and stop for lunch in the historic town of Franschhoek. Continue to the southernmost tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas, where you will spend the night at the Cape Agulhas Backpackers, 3-star Mermaid guesthouse or 4-star Ocean House guesthouse.
Day 2: Hermanus
Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus or get up close to magnificent marine life with an optional sea kayak trip or spot whales on a whale watching cruise in the bay during whale season from June to October. Get up close to a colony of over 5,000 African penguins in their natural habitat at Betty's Bay, and take the scenic coast ride back to Cape Town in the late afternoon. Spend the night in Stellenbosch at the Banghoek Place Backpackers, 3-star Caledon Villa guesthouse or 4-star Roosenwijn guesthouse.
Day 3: Oudtshoorn
Capture the beauty of the high mountains and rugged Karoo plains on a drive along the legendary Route 62. Stop for a drink at a famous country pub, and then enter the magical chambers of the Cango Caves. Explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with ancient stalactites. Return to the wild for an optional 4x4 game drive at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve for a possible sighting of resident rhino and giraffe (subject to availability). Stay the night in Oudtshoorn at the Backpackers Paradise, 3-star Yamkela guesthouse B&B, 4-star Buffelsdrift Lodge or 4-star Surval Boutique Olive Farm.
Day 4: Jeffrey's Bay
Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungee jump at the Bloukrans Bridge, choose to zip line over waterfalls, or explore the surrounding forest in the Tsitsikamma area. Fall in love with giant elephants on an optional bush walk. Visit an ostrich farm before spending the night in the Jeffrey's Bay area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star African Perfection guesthouse.
Day 5: Jeffrey's Bay
Explore the marine reserve in Tsitsikamma National Park and admire the dramatic coastal and forest landscape. Look for wild beasts on a 3-hour game drive by tour bus at Addo Elephant National Park, home to the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Return to Jeffrey's Bay for your overnight stay at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star On The Beach guesthouse.
Day 6: Wilderness
Go for an early morning surf or just chill out and go for a walk in the forest. Visit The Heads and watch the sea crash through 2 massive sandstone cliffs at Knysna. Spend the night in the Wilderness area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Greywood, or 4-star Protea Hotel Knysna Quays hotel.
Day 7: Cape Town
Enjoy a walk on white pristine beaches along the Indian Ocean coastline and then canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the birdlife as you glide over the water. Travel back to Cape Town for a late evening arrival.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation or preferred location in the Cape Town area
- Wine and cheese tastings
- Port and chocolate tastings/pairings
- Penguin colony entrance fee
- Adventure tour at the Cango Caves
- Tour of an ostrich farm
- Entrance to Addo National Park
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- 3-hour game drive by tour bus in Addo National Park
- Wilderness canoeing
- Local driver/guide
- Transportation by licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- 6 nights accommodation as per your selected option
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional sea kayak (±R400 per person) or shale watching cruise (±R800 per person)
- Optional Bungee jump (±R1350 per person) or waterfall zipline (±R430 per person)
- Optional surfboard hire, sandboarding or beach horse ride (Price on request)
- Optional Elephant bush walk (±R405 per person)
- Optional Buffelsdrift 4x4 Bush Safari (±R350 per person)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• Optional activities are prebooked for your convenience but are weather dependent and can only be paid for and confirmed on the day of the activity. Bring your credit or debit card as most activity providers and shops accept card payments
• The exact itinerary is subject to change and may need to run in a different order or with overnight stays in Hermanus, Stellenbosch or Cape Town on occasion
• Free transfers are provided from your preferred pick-up address in and around Cape Town within a 10-kilometer radius of the CBD. Pick-up time is between 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM on the morning of departure. You will be sent an email confirming your exact pick-up time a day before departure
• Accommodation may change to a similar star grade if the preferred options are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is paid for in full
• Double and twin rooms require 2 customers per room