Guided Tour of Burano Island
- Admire the colorful houses and historic monuments of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See how world-famous Burano lace is made by hand
- Learn about the history and traditions of a small fishing village
Join this 60-minute tour and discover the island’s colorful houses and hand-made laces, and many other surprises! Your guide Silvia, born and raised in Burano, will lead you on a walking tour of the island, intended not only as a simple sightseeing tour, but also a chance to learn about the history, customs, and traditions of the picturesque community.
Visit many interesting monuments, including the Church of St. Martino and St. Barbara and its famous leaning bell tower. Attend a short demonstration on the making of world-famous Burano lace. You'll visit a typical lace museum of Burano island where you'll have the chance to admire precious laces from about the XVI and XVII centuries, and buy home made products for special rates.
You’ll have time to explore Burano independently. You might enjoy browsing the typical shops or having lunch at one of the cozy restaurants. The guide will be happy to provide you with suggestions and tips to make the most of your time in Burano!
- Guided tour
- Live lacemaking demonstration
Prepare for the activity
In front of the bronze statue at the ACTV Burano Stop. Burano Island: you can reach the island by water bus or water taxi. If you decide to travel by Venetian public transportation, line 12 will take you about 40 minutes from Venice and line 14 will take around 75 minutes. If you’re traveling from Punta Sabbioni, the ride on line 14 will take about 30 minutes.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This is a group tour with a maximum of 30 participants
• Because of the landscape of Venice and logistical issues that arise, it cannot be guaranteed that the intended route of the tour is fully accessible to people with disabilities