Whale Watching Cruise from Boston
- See whales in their natural habitat
- Talk with researchers from the Whale Center of New England
- Enjoy a 3-hour cruise
- Spot White Sided Dolphins
Our catamarans feature 3 outside decks for optimum viewing capability. Inside you'll find climate-controlled cabin space with cushioned seating, tables, state-of-the-art sound and video systems, and a galley offering snacks and beverages for purchase.
Professional researchers from the Whale Center of New England, the region's foremost authority on whale populations, are onboard for every trip to provide narration. Want to feel what it's like to join them?
Get the chance to see:
The humpback’s name comes from the way its back arches out of the water when preparing for a deep dive. “Megaptera” is its true scientific name which means “large-winged,” in reference to its long flippers.
Finbacks are second only to Blue Whales in overall size, measuring in at 45-70 feet in length and weighing approximately 40 tons as full-grown adults.
A sleek, small dolphin-like baleen whale, Minkes are the most abundant whale in the world today with a population numbering well over one million worldwide.
White Sided Dolphins
Found only in the North Atlantic, in waters just south of New England north to Norway, these playful mammals feed on single prey such as squid, unlike whales that feast on large numbers of small fish.
- 3-Hour cruise
- Local taxes and fees
- Food and Drink (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Your tour departs from One Long Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, located between the Long Wharf Mariott Hotel and the New England Aquarium. Upon arrival at Long Wharf in Boston, please proceed to the boarding location of your cruise, where you will present your voucher for scanning/redemption.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The average trip is 3.5 to 4 hours in duration
• Departure times are subject to change and so your departure time may have changed. Phone and email contact details will be on your voucher
• Don't forget to bring your camera, binoculars, sunscreen and sunglasses. We recommend comfortable shoes or sneakers and a light jacket or sweater