Embark on a 3-hour tour with a historian that considers the 300 year evolution of Berlin from Prussia’ s cultural capital, to the bustling 19th century seat of the Germany’ s Emperors, to the dark epicenter of the Nazi and Cold War eras to its present.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German
- Private or small groups available
- Receive an introduction to Germany’ s capital city exploring iconic landmarks from Berlin’ s Prussian past, from the Nazi and Cold War eras
- Discover how Prussia’ s violent transformation into Europe’ s dominant military power set the stage for the great tragedies of German nationalism
- Follow the path where the Berlin Wall once stood
- Take in the dramatic new Holocaust Memorial and the Reichstag with its newly renovated and symbolically transparent cupola
- Track the footsteps of Napoleon through the Brandenburg Gate
- Traversing the Unter den Linden, Berlin’ s royal boulevard lined with palaces, museums and theaters
- 3-hour tour of Berlin in the company of a historian
- Transport ticket
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You must present either proof of full vaccination, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Cafe Einstein, Unter den Linden 42, 10117 Berlin, GermanyOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Your tour guides are professors, doctoral students, historians, journalists, art critics, and published authors.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- You will need to use public transport one or twice, because the distances between some key sites would be too far to walk. If you do not have a Berlin metro pass, your guide will help you to purchase tickets in the first metro station.
- Berlin Transit One Way Tarif AB Ticket: 2,8 EUR, Senior Discount 1,70 EUR
- Berlin Transit Day Ticket: 7 EUR, Senior Discount 4,70 EUR