Avignon: Full-Day Roman & Medieval Provencal Heritage
Pickup includedHotels in downtown Avignon.
- Have a wine tasting in Chateauneuf du Pape with a visit to the wine museum
- See the Roman city of Arles, a Unesco World Heritage Site
- Discover the famous Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard and walk around to find the best photo spots
- Walk around the typical Provencal village of Les Baux-de-Provence that used to be a medieval stronghold, the amazing panorama will charm you
Your next step is Les Baux de Provence, a typical Provencal village that used to be a medieval stronghold. The paved streets and the amazing panorama will charm you. Then, head off to to Arles and visit the Roman monuments such as arenas or follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh in this rich historical and cultural city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Afterwards, have your lunch break (not included). Go to the Pont du Gard where you will discover the famous Roman aqueduct. After a historical comment, you can walk around to find your best photo spot. Finally, enjoy a visit to a wine museum in a reconstituted roman antic winery on an archeological site. Have a wine tasting of the the unique “Vinum Romanum”, wines elaborated from original recipes found in the writings of eminent Latin authors.
- Excursion in a air-conditioned minivan with a professional
- Local driver/ guide
- Entrance fee at the wine museum
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Alcohol and drugs
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended