Accademia Gallery: After Hours Tour
- Step inside the Florence Accademia after it closes for the night to enjoy a crowd free tour of the museum
- Take in the incomparable majesty of the David
- Learn the story of Michelangelo Buonarroti through an expert local guide who has spent years studying the Italian Renaissance
- Enjoy the company of a small group of maximum 15 fellow travelers
- Explore lesser known parts of the museum
Stepping right inside, you’ll head directly to the David, a statue that has to be seen to be believed. Without the usual hordes of people surrounding it, your first look will be little short of life-changing. Standing at David’s feet, you’ll learn the improbable story of this titan, from his humble origins as a disused block of marble to his unveiling as one of the crowning achievements of the Renaissance.
You’ll also take a deep dive into the story of Michelangelo, the tortured genius who started many more works than he finished. See some of his unfinished 'slaves' for an intimate look into his unique mind and creative process, then stop off at some of the museum's other most famous works, including the Rape of the Sabines, and the plaster casts of Lorenzo Bartolini. If you are an art lover, this is the very best way to see the world’s most famous statue with none of the crowds or hassle that usually accompany a visit to the Accademia.
- Skip the line, after-hours tickets to Florence Accademia
- Expert tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Prepare for the activity
This tour meets in Piazza San Marco, by the statue in the middle of the square. Piazza San Marco is a centrally-located square adjacent to Via degli Arazzieri and Via Giorgio la Pira, about 1/3 mile north of Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags