Full-Day Hobart to Launceston Excursion via Wineglass Bay
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- Explore Freycinet National Park
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay lookout walk, a moderate uphill 45-minute walk
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park-Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand crafted ice-cream or a famous Tasmanian scallop pie at the end of the day
As you enter the Freycinet area you will have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding pristine waters.
The tour will walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where your guide will help you take those sought-after photographs and offer you some walking options for the day. This walk takes around 1.5 hours, is graded as an easy but uphill walk. For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hours return walking time). You have time on this famous beach to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then you can explore other areas of Freycinet with your tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse and enjoy a great short walk.
The tour re-groups ready for the return journey. While still on the East Coast, make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian scallop pie! Then it is onwards into Launceston arriving around 06:30 PM.
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides and interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart and Launceston hotels and hostel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks (you may bring your lunch with you or there will be a stop along the way for you to purchase a bakery style take away lunch)
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
If pickup arrangements are not organized with the tour operator, please make your way to the general pickup location at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Center, 20 Davey Street, Hobart at 7:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• A suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is
essential to enjoy this tour
• Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions of the day
• Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
• There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and
reasonable level of fitness and mobility