Volendam: E-Fatbike Rental with Cheese Tasting and Lunch
- Visit various photo stops, like the famous harbor of Volendam, the Kathammer windmill, and the charming streets of Monnickendam
- Taste a variety of delicious cheeses in a working cheese farm along the route
- Enjoy lunch in a beautiful restaurant in Monnickendam and feel like a local while enjoying the view on the terrace
- Ride on a boat trip from Marken to Volendam. Take your vehicle on the boat and enjoy the beautiful coastline of the former Zuiderzee area
- Decide your own track, your own speed and the locations you want to hop off. Enjoy advice about additional stops of this route by our friendly staff
Next, glide on to Katwoude, a nearby village that is known world-wide for its cheese farms. Mingle with the other tourists who have come to see how the famous Dutch cheese is made, and visit a traditional farm to see the whole process from cow to cheese. A cheese-tasting session is included in your rental, so enjoy the opportunity to taste a variety of different cheeses and purchase a few to take home.
Ride onto Monnickendam next, a well-preserved historical city known for its smokehouses, churches and shipyards. Travel back in time as you cruise around this historically rich area, and snap a photo of the bronze-brick houses that line the streets. Take a trip down to the harbor to enjoy some fresh sea air and watch the pretty ships sail by before enjoying a delicious local lunch served on one of the canal side terraces.
Finally, continue onto Marken, a stunning town with several beautiful wooden bridges overlooking the canals. Marken is a truly unforgettable place, with many characteristic houses and a pleasant ambiance all round. Visit the market and try some ‘haring’ a delicacy of raw herring served with chopped onions at the fish stall. From Marken, use the boat ticket included in your bike rental to sail back to Volendam.
- E-fatbike rental (4.5 hours)
- Cheese tasting in a cheese farm
- Lunch at a restaurant in Monnickendam
- Boat trip between Marken and Volendam or the other way around (one-way, depending on ticket chosen) + Free Dutch / English audio guide on board
- Beautiful photo stops in Volendam, Katwoude, Monnickendam and Marken
- Map of the surroundings to determine your route
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• When renting an e-fatbike a deposit of €50,- will be taken, which will be returned to you after giving back the (undamaged) e-fatbike
• This is a self-guided tour. You will receive clear and easy directions in order to be able to find your way
• It is never allowed to rent or drive one of our vehicles when you are intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
• It is not allowed to drive on the highway with our vehicles. You are obliged to always drive on the stated bike paths
• Always be aware of the residents and other road users. It is not allowed to use your claxon unnecessarily, always drive slowly when passing wanderers and other bikers and always create enough space for other road users