Vienna: Central Cemetery ‒ City of the Dead
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
- Explore the Viennese Central Cemetery and learn everything about what actually was the largest city in Austria with approximately 330,000 graves
- Discover the graves of many famous personalities, see the graves of honor and visit the impressive Luegerkirche
- Walk through the spacious, park-like premise from the 19th century and explore the fairly unknown areas
Learn everything about the spaciously laid out cemetery in Vienna's south, which was opened in 1874 and discover the graves of honor for numerous personalities from the world of art, culture and politics. See soldiers' graves, memorials, graves of different religious beliefs and of course, the graves of many Viennese people.
The individual areas you will encounter during the walking tour will represent the traditions of religions, their cultures and many personal life stories. Please note that this tour will be conducted in German.
- Officially certified tour guide
- German-speaking tour guide
- In-depth walking tour full of stories, personalities and particularities
Prepare for the activity